02-14-2020, 08:41 PM   #13
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
The "good" thing about your damage is it's all on the front cap which is easy to remove and you can have the whole thing repaired and repainted or replaced, if you decide not to have their mobile guy do it. With respect to the mobile guys some are amazing and you'll near never know the damage was there, and others like anything else are not so good. But your SA should know who's the best and who they use for their new high end vehicles. More "good" news, you did this to the car, not some collateral damage done by the dealer (like in my case) which upsets me far more than if I did it. Hope this helps.
Agree on the stupidity act on my end vs your situation in which the dealer did some collateral damage. That would make me more upset as well. I recently had the wife's X5 in the dealer's body shop for some minor damage ironically on the front bumper as well.

In that case I was driving it with the wife in the car and a rubber/plastic 20 gallon trash can literally flew into the our lane (carpool on far left side) from over the retaining wall (assuming landscaping service, etc. truck going the opposite direction). I was able to swerve enough to make it a minor impact but it still took out some of the plastic trim in the "air scoop" section of the bumper and the reflector.

The body shop does great work as it is part of the Penske Automotive Group so it services all of their dealers in Scottsdale (Audi, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari, Buggati, Jaguar, Mercedes, Lambo, etc.). Will try there first if there is indeed any true damage on the options. If they say their only option is to replace the bumper then I'll ask for their recommendation for repair and go from there.

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 02-14-2020 at 08:56 PM..
Appreciate 1