Drives: 2015 M235i red 8sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by modthispny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
the car is a rocket no doubt! sounds awesome as well
The takeaway here is the wheel hp and torque. As mentioned above who knows what the drivetrain loss is for the x drive.

Either there is insignificant drivetrain loss for all v8 tt Bmw's meaning Bmw has nailed the stock crank hp and torque figures or they are all underrated by 75+ hp and torque.

Which is it?
One other option:
The truth...
Dyno whp is exaggerated and overrating the hp. Also, different types of dynos produce different results.
All car manufacturers are required by law to give accurate engine specifications. And so they do.

Take all dyno results with a grain of salt. (Or knock off 75hp ish... depending on humidity, air pressure, type of dyno, etc.).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by modthispny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
the car is a rocket no doubt! sounds awesome as well
The takeaway here is the wheel hp and torque. As mentioned above who knows what the drivetrain loss is for the x drive.

Either there is insignificant drivetrain loss for all v8 tt Bmw's meaning Bmw has nailed the stock crank hp and torque figures or they are all underrated by 75+ hp and torque.

Which is it?
One other option:
The truth...
Dyno whp is exaggerated and overrating the hp. Also, different types of dynos produce different results.
All car manufacturers are required by law to give accurate engine specifications. And so they do.

Take all dyno results with a grain of salt. (Or knock off 75hp ish... depending on humidity, air pressure, type of dyno, etc.).
This is true. Have had several built cars and the dyno model is a huge variable. Regarding drive line loss for an all wheel drive vehicle, I've seen as much as a 25% loss on one of my builds, it wasn't a BMW though.
Appreciate 1