02-14-2020, 12:20 AM   #4
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
The URL you shared calls out the 8-series coupe manufacturing dates of October 1, 2018 – October 29, 2019 which my M850i falls into (final production date of 10/23/2019. That said this is my first aha moment with BMW and a lack of customer service vs my prior 15+ years with Lexus which was beyond stellar. Why should I be relying on an Internet forum for the information?

Add insult to injury I just turned over 1200 miles last week so WTF now? If I am to believe the campaign bulletin I have exceeded the miles and at risk for possibility of contamination in the engine. Once again WTF? I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow and scheduling the service (along with fixing the F'd hood alignment) regardless of what they say.

Thanks for posting as obviously BMW has zero interest in being proactive on my behalf for an issue they recognize within my M850i build date. Once again so appreciative of the knowledge shared on this forum!
Your car may have had this done prior to delivery so it may be ok (not thrilled hearing about possible engine contamination one bit).

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0