02-13-2020, 10:04 PM   #5
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
bloozemanAZ I am so you. That is exactly the sort of thing I do. It drives my wife nuts as we drive around car parks trying to locate the 'no ding spot' as I call it. It is an awful feeling that first ding. I will be super careful with 3D view!
Know that wife scenario all too well. Late last month was my wife's birthday so I booked a reservation at a romantic restaurant and of course that evening she asked if we were going to take the M850i (she's rarely been in it) and my answer was "yes". I also then stated I'm going to drop her off and park the car out in space (long walking distance but no door dings) and will get the car when we leave and pick her up at the front of the restaurant.

As we approach the restaurant, my wife calls out that they have valet service (I already knew that) and states that is what we should do. I remind her of what I told her and drop her off (no way I'm letting some 16 year old kid drive the car). As I'm dropping her off there is a parking space near the front of the restaurant and she calls out that I can just park there. Once again I reminded her that I'm parking out in space and will do all the walking.

I expect this situation to play out numerous times in the future but I'll just not be going after half wall parking spaces any more within a parking garage. I learned my lesson today on that and will not repeat in the future.
Appreciate 0