View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 05:31 PM   #49
chador
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 GC Competition 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I would be so pissed if I bought an M8 anytime before this... BMW really screwing over the first orders of the M8 huh lol- Well Im gonna go order a Rossa Corsa- maybe San Marino Blue
Well my Dravitt Gray M8 GC is sitting at the port in Germany right now, so I do feel like I missed out a bit. I did look at these colors before and I decided against ordering one of these colors not so much because of the extra cost per se, but I wasn't finding a color I liked so much that was substantially different enough from the existing color palette to justify that cost. Had I wanted a more exotic color such as reds, or greens, etc, then yes, I would be pissed about missing out. But I wanted either a dark grey or a blue - something more typical. There are some nice dark blues, but all the ones I liked were close enough to Marina Bay Blue, I figured it wasn't worth it. I also like some of these individual dark grays, but again, they aren't different enough from Brand Hatch gray to make me pay the premium.

Ultimately, I think certain colors come and go for certain car generations. My previous car was a Singapore Gray M6 coupe, and I thought that color really worked well with that body style and time. Its still my favorite color, but I didnt want to order it for this current car because I think that color was great, but its time has passed. I think Dravitt grey is a great color that is going to be associated with the M8, so I am happy with that choice.
Appreciate 0