02-11-2020, 08:37 PM   #4
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
I was suppose to buy a m5 the same weekend. Had discussed the m5 many times with her and she was on board. But then I drive home with a 2 seater with no back seat. I have a 5 and 7 year at home. They don’t sit in the m8 much as I have a x5m at home also but knowing I can’t take the family out in the car prob doesn’t go well with her

It will be hard as I still need to work a deal on a m5 with not so aggresive deals being offered. I have a feeling my high optioned m5 will end up with a higher payment than the m8. That would suck
Totally understand and my wife actually helped convince me to buy the M850i. Reasoning being I made her dream come true with the X5 and that is the people hauler if need be (it's just the two of us at home now so that is a rare occasion). We both went into the deal with eyes open that I'll be 90% solo in the car and hence the lack of rear seats wasn't an issue.

Truth be told I picked up our dry cleaning in the M850i and hit the first "WTF?" aspect of the ownership. The tiny hangers are on the pillar right behind the front seat and literally useless as you cannot hang anything on them. Ended up laying it on the back seat and commenting to the wife that dry cleaning collection is best suited in the X5.

Lastly as I visited my dealer a few days before the M850i landed so she could see the Fiona Red/Black interior of the failed build still on their lot I pointed out a fully loaded M5C. Noted to her that I could easily negotiate a better deal on it and save thousands in the process. Good news for you is the 36/10K residual on a M5C is 58% (vs 55% on the M8C) and $2500 loyalty. So in the end if you do end up passing the torch on the M8C to a lucky individual you should fare well payment wise and have a happy wife in the process.
Appreciate 0