View Single Post
      05-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #956
eatsleepboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
The Daytona's just aren't available, unless your family knows someone at the AD very well.
As for the "better price," I'm not sure how they're doing that. AD's don't give discounts on high demand watches, they don't have to because once it's in stock, it's sold immediately at list price. Rolex is very strict about their pricing, hence why AD's can't mark up new watches.
Also, you're at an exchange rate disadvantage if you're purchasing a watch that is in Euros.

I'm getting my black Daytona this month. The only reason I'm getting one so quickly is this will be my fifth new Rolex I'm purchasing from this AD. Not to mention the amount of other jewelry I've purchased for my wife from them (rings, necklaces etc.) and I traded in a red submariner 1680 for "less than market value" for them to make a couple grand on it. In the end, I'll still make out as the Daytona is worth about $9k more than retail.
I agree about the exchange rate as it seems it would cost more in Europe due to the strong euro. My wife's family kept insisting to wait until this trip to get a watch so I will just have to wait and see what the availability and prices are once I arrive in a couple days. If not it's back to shopping for one in the US. I will report back.
Appreciate 0