01-10-2019, 11:23 PM   #40
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I gave it an auto because that is pretty much the way BMW packages it. Turbo engines don't breath like N/A engines do. The FI's are light switches. The M20 with a manual in an E30 chassis is pretty much magic to drive. When you hear of the legacy BMW driving experience, that is what you are hearing about; it's not leisure...
BMW makes them with autos and sticks, the company gives the people what they want and it just so happens that most want autos. People can and do buy them with manuals.
We're all aware that FI cars aren't the same as as NA cars but they're not 'light switches'. I happen to have a 135 and it lays down a healthy bit more power then when stock. Many guys here have cars with well over 350 hp and are able to easily modulate their throttles, clutch and shift while managing to keep from crashing into everything in sight. It's really not difficult.
One guys magic is another's guys leisure, that's strictly opinion and they vary from person to person.
My nephew has a 325i, Great cars but
not my cup of tea for excitment.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 01-11-2019 at 07:03 AM..
Appreciate 0