08-20-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
Phil@BPC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/ E30 325is

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 325is  [0.00]
I would go as far as to say no it hasnt improved. I believe the products/ technology that we use to view and print photos has greatly improved.

Today you don't really need anything larger than 6MP to make a photo look sharp. 6MP is great for Newpapers, Magazines and online web content. If you are shooting billboards or large murals then you will need larger MP's. To me the more MP you have the more saturated a photo can look.

If you take a 35mm film camera from yesteryear and compare it today its equivalent to today's full frame cameras. The only similarities compared from the past to now is medium format... thats pretty much been the same. But what Im getting at is that even in the 1950's we had full frame cameras but at the time they were limited by the technology used to develop and print. Today film can be developed and printed the same or sometimes better than digital. The only problem with Film is the time and products needed to develop and print the film. With digital you can print to any printer or email the negative.

This is just my 2 cents about this, either way pick up a camera no matter the brand or age and just start shooting and get used to it before spending thousands of dollars on something that has every gadget and doodad and get overwhelmed and just don't want to shoot photos. Just have fun and experiment, that's the whole point to photography
Appreciate 1
allachie91332.00