View Single Post
      07-31-2018, 12:28 PM   #26
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mbitions View Post
What about monitored triggers like doors and windows when you’re sleeping? Do you guys use anything for that? Our new place will be done in 3 months, and while I have a year left on my ADT account I was wondering if I should go another route or stick with them, i didn’t have any camera systems in the old house. unless this thread is about camera systems in addition to a paid monitoring company then I might’ve missed that part.
I haven't looked at any other options for a security system. The key issue with any alarm system is the central monitoring and alerting of the authorities. That's why I still have ADT and my security cameras. You can certainly set up a system that somehow notifies you. But what are you going to do?

If you don't care about the monitoring aspect, you can certainly just keep the alarm the way it is. It'll still trigger without monitoring service. You just won't get someone to contact the authorities for you.

With that said and depending on the alarm system and the cameras you use, you can set things up where the cameras are also a sensor trigger for the alarm system. The Hikvision cameras have this capability. The alarm panels I've insisted ADT install are Ademco Vista 15P or similar.
Appreciate 1