Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
So it's a bit tricky really. The short answer is no. Especially for restricted as in the course they teach you the ONLY reason to own a restricted firearm is for shooting or for work, which is why you need to be part of a club.

I remember having this discussion with someone and had found article but I don't remember the context... the basic Candian self defence law, not firearm related, is you can defend yourself using equal force/reasonable force and I believe it must be last resort. So like if someone comes in my house with a knife, I must try to escape and if my only option is to fight him out to escape then you could use a knife as well.

If you bring firearms in this, I guess if someone assault you with a restricted you still couldn't technically use a restricted back but a non restricted I think would apply and be legal. But again, kinda as a last resort.

It's really fucking complicated eh? I might be doing mistakes but this is the way I understand it.
Yeah, so long story short, is that Canada seems to also apply the one rule that causes me to despise any government. That is the rule that I have restrictions on how I can defend myself in my own home.

While I don't agree with restrictions on our 2A rights here in America, I understand that most other countries don't have this right embedded in their founding documents.

Where I get really ticked off, however, is when restrictions are placed on how one is able to defend themselves, regarding firearms or anything else really.

In my location, defense of home is extremely simple. I am allowed to use any and all methods I deem appropriate to stop a threat within my property, including and up to any means of deadly force. Full stop, no other caveats.

So, if someone breaks into my house, I can simply assume they mean to do me harm and shoot them. I don't have to prove I was in danger of any kind nor do I have to prove that I met force with comparable force. They break in, all bets are off and I am in the clear.

As it should be.