View Single Post
      01-15-2019, 09:30 PM   #27
mmmmQuattro
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: f83 / E93 335 / E70 X5 40d

Garage List
The OP asked what a 911's like to live with, so here's my take.
You are right - more attention, even my 'old' 911 in silver gets a few more looks than my YMB M4. Interestingly more looks from the ladies - guys tend to look at the M4 more.
You will find that you are scraping the front a bit more, as the front overhang is more than in most BMW's. If you can find one that's got the option for the front lift to get over speed humps - that's the way to go.

Seats are great - more comfortable than they look. However, it might be personal preference, I personally know someone that moved out of a Porsche Macan GTS to an F80 M3 as he found the seats in the Porsche weren't as comfortable.

In terms of size, they are smaller, lighter and lower than F8x, so that's all good, unless you need the space. I love the fact that the 911's lower.
Being narrower, it's easier to park.

Only negative with the lower smaller size, is that people may not see you coming - I've had that happen far more often than in the blue M4.

@seis-speed - looks like you have a 1M, F80, Focus RS - so which one will you replace, or are you looking for an additional toy?
Reason I ask, is that 991.2's are turbo and so are all your existing cars. Perhaps look at the 991.1 which has the direct injection NA motor.
Or, if you like the hydraulic steering, then go for a 997.2, which has the same NA motor of the 991.1, but it's also lighter.

I initially was shopping for a 991, but when 997 route, as I wanted something that felt more like the 911's of old.
Appreciate 1
seis-speed2426.00