View Single Post
      12-30-2018, 11:16 AM   #38
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

My incoming M550 will only be my fourth car ever.

First was a POS Nissan XE that was fine until someone turned in front of me and totaled it. Only had that one for a couple years and I was 17 so whatever.

Second was a '94 Dodge Dakota Club Cab. Thing was a tank. Everything that could be done in that car by a high school/college/mid-20s kid...it was done. Installed aftermarket sound on my own and it sounded great but was ugly as hell. By the time the fourth alternator and third radiator were going out at the same time, I decided its time had come. Had it towed to the local fire academy where I was invited to watch them set it ablaze and practice jaws of life. We did the same with my wife's Ford Contour when it started failing. Nice tax write off, too.

Current car is an '03 4Runner. Completely stock except for a new stereo/speakers just installed last year. Running over 230k miles with no end in sight. The biggest repair I've had to make (touch wood) is replacing some worn out CV boots, and those were cheaper than a new set of tires. Every time I get it serviced, the techs tell me they see these things running around at twice my mileage with no issues. Have been through blizzards, kids, engagement, marriage, grad school, four or five moves, mud pits, creeks, and plenty of back roads and rainy days with it. It even towed the Dakota and Contour to the fire academy and helped build our house (literally - took it to pick up appliances and materials). Whenever it happens, this one will be a tough one to set on fire.
Appreciate 2
Germanauto9698.00
wrickem2101.00