View Single Post
      12-21-2018, 07:37 AM   #1
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Sad when parting with a car?

I will admit that I am a car hoarder. but I am not sure if I am supposed to feel a bittersweet sadness when I trade in a car or not.

The time came for a "reduction of fleet" when my Carrera threw a check engine light and took it to the dealership. A beautiful white/graphite blue 2019 Carrera with all the options I would have ordered myself and then some caught my eye. It was love at first sight. Since it's Winter, Christmas, end of year, and a new model due out soon, they made me a HUGE price reduction. With my trade from the old Porsche and the 528 (they gave me exactly what I would have sold it for myself, it's showroom new and is probably the most over-optioned 528 in history) it's pretty much a homerun.

BUT

This morning when I cleaned out the 528, I felt a wave of sadness come over me. The final straw was when I wiped out my profiles and data and she didn't know me anymore. I've been walking around with a gray cloud over me since.

Maybe I'd feel different if it was giving me problems but it still drives like new, The old P'car, well the check engine for the 3rd time sealed her fate and I don't care about parting ways. I'm sure (hoping) I'll get over it once it's done and the new one is in my garage. Is this how you guys feel when you get rid of your old cars?
Poiseuille5390.00
Lups11824.50
nyalpine907425.00
XMetal1129.50
Germanauto9698.00
shay2nak1070.00
Kyngofpop676.00