10-19-2018, 08:16 AM   #18
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Did the tech take a concrete sample and have the PSI checked?
No. There was no need. I built the building the lift went in with 4,000 PSI concrete. The spec for a 10,000 lb. Rotary is min 4.5" at 3,000 PSI. I tend to over-build stuff, so my floor is 12" under the lift and 9" everywhere else, with 1/2 rebar. I built the building with the intention of making an auto shop with a lift, so I spec'd 4,000 PSI. Most concrete floors are made with 3,500 to 4,000 PSI from what I researched at the time.

But if the floor is not up to those specs (4.5" @ 3,000 PSI), you can always cut the floor and pour 2'x2' 12" foundations for the columns. For the price of the Quickjack, I'd get a professional long-saddle floor jack and some ESCO stands. The Quickjack just seems that it'd get in the way for a lot of jobs one would do underneath the car. The setup for the Quickjack seems cumbersome and longer than just lifting an E9X on the center jack points and placing stands underneath the lifting blocks. My opinion of course.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 10-19-2018 at 08:33 AM..
Appreciate 3