View Single Post
      05-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #9
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
I'm going back about 10 years. I transported my car from NY to San Diego, CA using A1 auto transport. My car was on the lower level of an open car transport. Turns out the car above mine had an oil leak and dripped all over my roof for 5 days. Needless to say I was pissed. If I can offer you some advice, I would recommend your vehicle be placed on the upper level.

To make matters worse, the trucking company has a drop off location close to the vehicles final destination. This was not explained to me, but a third party towing company then delivers your car to your front door. That driver tacked on another couple hundred dollars?? Oh, and he arrived two days late.

Next time I’ll drive it cross country!
Bad idea, you car becomes the target of any thing flying through air and over the front of the truck. Also, do not even think about put any sort of car cover on your car while it is being transported in open air it will beat the hell out of your pain job. If you can get your hands on the removable vinyl they put on new cars that is your best bet.
Appreciate 0