bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwestfield View Post
I agree. It is strange
It's all about the sale and unfortunately that is what your dealer was focused on. Totally agree that other issues (including the earlier transmission wiring harness impacting the M8s) have ended up with full stop orders at manufacturing and the VPC. In this case it appears that BMW is turning a blind eye to the situation considering it is not a safety situation like the transmission wiring harness was.

On another thread discussing the situation one of the OPs was also in TX. I checked TX law and unfortunately there is no 3-day cooling off period for automobile purchases just like here in AZ. Otherwise I'd just recommend null and voiding the purchase. Following the Lemon Law rules (same across all states) you can still walk away and have BMW buy the car back if you just hammer them with multiple attempts to get the AC fixed over the next several weeks.

That of course is unless it was a custom order, etc. that you want to hold onto vs picking up another M8C convertible in the future once BMW fully resolves the issue. In that case I'd make sure your dealer provides an appropriate loaner while the M8C sits on the sidelines.
Appreciate 1