07-03-2020, 06:43 PM   #10
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotchtion View Post
I've not seen any changes. Some of the issues for which I've taken the car in to the dealer are still broken (but those are with some of the 'apps', perhaps not addressed with the update). I haven't had CarPlay drop issues after updating, but that could just be because I've not driven more than 30 minutes at a time. Beyond that, no idea what was changed and the release notes are no help.
No changes for me either outside of some of the apps (as per the release notes) being set to default settings. I didn't take a screenshot of the page of the release notes with a statement that it was for overall improvements (aka bug fixes). Rather I just took the screenshots of the pages outlining the notes on the process including the special consideration for the M8s and my favorite that if it bricks the car to call BMW roadside assistance.

What will be interesting is how BMW handles the Android Auto feature next month (assuming it doesn't get delayed due to COVID-19). In theory it can just be a push of the app similar to how the 2019s can get Drive Recorder now. The Android Auto announcement back in January stated that it will be fully integrated into the digital cockpit. If BMW has that API enabled and all existing apps leverage them so can the Android Auto app. Thus, in theory it can just be a push of the app vs point release or heaven forbid a full base release installed by the dealer. However, this is BMW whom appears to be software clueless so all bets are off. If its a dealer base install to get it I'll likely pass as even though I'm and Android user I'll likely never use it anyway.

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 07-03-2020 at 07:11 PM..
Appreciate 0