Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurzcoupeF82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason60051 View Post
I was a very avid motorcycle owner/rider (many Ducati's, CBR's etc) until cell phones/texting and general driver distraction took over. While I agree you'll never get the visceral feel of speed that 2 wheels gives you they have become too dangerous. My m3 is the grown up version of a crotch rocket!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason60051 View Post
I was a very avid motorcycle owner/rider (many Ducati's, CBR's etc) until cell phones/texting and general driver distraction took over. While I agree you'll never get the visceral feel of speed that 2 wheels gives you they have become too dangerous. My m3 is the grown up version of a crotch rocket!
I agree 100%. Sadly I felt much safer riding in Japan in the early 00's than I would in today's traffic. Even though I miss it, my m4 definitely fills that void.
While I respect your choice I would disagree. I'm also an avid motorcyclist both on road and off and I would never give up that passion only because of the increased risk of distracted drivers. That increased risk is also there when you're in a vehicle. Everything we do from the moment we get out of bed involves risk.
Appreciate 0