Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
"Nearly all the steering feel goes away, and the steering effort weights up."

BMW needs to get their s*** together and improve their steering racks, a decade later and we still have numb EPS. Even Mazda's have better steering these days, c'mon, in a $150k+ car this needs to be better.
Lol it's evident now that this is done on purpose.
"The people don't want steering feel" is becoming a tired excuse coming from the bean-counters at BMW. I understand this on the cookie cutter lease special 330i's and X3's, but on M-cars of any number, it still pains me to think that a Mazda 3 or even a dated Lexus IS has better steering feel than any BMW. Its sad to see my favorite brand of 20+ years ignoring their laurels.
The steering feel on a Mazda 3 or a Mk8 Jetta GLI is far better than current ///M cars. ///M cars will never have good steering feel again, the market is too luxury now. Shame really, but it is what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
"Nearly all the steering feel goes away, and the steering effort weights up."

BMW needs to get their s*** together and improve their steering racks, a decade later and we still have numb EPS. Even Mazda's have better steering these days, c'mon, in a $150k+ car this needs to be better.
Lol it's evident now that this is done on purpose.
"The people don't want steering feel" is becoming a tired excuse coming from the bean-counters at BMW. I understand this on the cookie cutter lease special 330i's and X3's, but on M-cars of any number, it still pains me to think that a Mazda 3 or even a dated Lexus IS has better steering feel than any BMW. Its sad to see my favorite brand of 20+ years ignoring their laurels.
The steering feel on a Mazda 3 or a Mk8 Jetta GLI is far better than current ///M cars. ///M cars will never have good steering feel again, the market is too luxury now. Shame really, but it is what it is.
My MK7 GTI has better steering feel than my F80.

It was also randomly noted in an article I was reading "Featuring" the M2.

Before I got my F80 I was considering the M2; I was shocked to see "the new GTI" has better steering feel than an M2.
Appreciate 0