06-26-2020, 08:15 AM   #127
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Believe me, I’m right there with you. I’m also an engineer and have personally hired some folks that had a technical associates or certificate over ones with BSME. Majority of the time the “tech” knew more with actual hands on experience and showed eagerness to learn and develop. Not very objective, but recent ME grads often showed a certain level of elite and smug. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
Exactly. Eagerness to learn and hands-on experience is key. I've worked with dozens of MEs, and they're usually the most difficult to deal with. Or worse yet they design something that is completely unfeasible to manufacture, then you call them on it and they look like a deer in headlights hahah. Them: "Well I thought you could build it"..... Me: "Okay pal, and how do you figure we should approach that?". Having a mix of both technical knowledge and hands on-experience is the perfect balance.

I'm half way through my Master's in Mechanical Engineering w/ Villanova, none of those courses made me any better at my position. Waste of time, but my old company was paying for the courses so I figured why not. Now at my new company I don't feel the need to pursue it any further. If anything I'd like to get my MBA.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8222.00