View Single Post
      05-26-2020, 08:54 AM   #64
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Wait until Amazon moves in, you'll be putting a '1' in front of that 149,900. Housing prices in the entire DC metro area have been out of control for a long time.

Got out of NoVA in 2006, best move I ever made.
Already made a mention of this in post #3 in this thread.

It's out of control because of the stability of the employment market here. Again Fortune 1. Add to that, biotech/pharmaceuticals in MD and IT in the VA area, you have a mix of why people are flocking here.

I'm one of the few that can say I'm a native in the area. Born in DC. I've seen this area go through all the changes. I have said to people that when I got my license to drive as a teenager, I could drive around I495 and never touch my brake once. Good luck going a few feet on I495 before having to touch your brake. For many reasons, I can't move out of the area. Would love to relocate to my second home in Delaware but that's not possible. Every time I go out there to get away reminds me of how stressful and crazy it is being in the DC Metro area.
Appreciate 0