ccondo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 - Ferrari Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccondo View Post
I raced my old tuned M4 vs the M8 from a roll and a dig. The AWD kills it. Off the line it is Tesla like. I nailed it from a stop on a damp road and there was no will spin. The weight actually helps with the traction.

On the depreciation the residual % was the close enough to call them the same in both cars. The lease offer was much better (at least for me) from BMW compared to Porsche.

It isn't a massive pig to drive. It just isn't a 911. The power and grip this thigh has on a corner exit is insane.

I posted a video in my article showing it racing a 992. (In a straight line) Not dogging the 992 but the M8 will do the Nuremberg in less than 7:30. The 992 s does it in 7:25. On a track that large that is pretty close to a tie.

My M4 has enough space in it to allow me to bring 4 track wheels and tires, tools and luggage. We will see if I can bring my track wheels and tires in my M8.
Hey I totally understand why you chose what you did. And this is why Im still cross shopping the cars. Clearly the M8 leases better with a .00118 money factor vs a .00200 at 36 months and the residuals are close but 36/7500 for the C2S its 60 months. Thats still 4 points higher than a 56% 7500 mile M8 lease (yes the 8 series can go with FS to 7500). But the real key is in the discounts; an average Joe can get 15% off on an M8 or even closer to 18% right plus loyalty. These are material adjustments if you lease this car.

And I love that you pointed out that on a BIG track the "lowly" 444 hp 992 runs sub 7:30. I am still waiting for an official M8 time though. Imagine what the 992 does on a smaller one!

Its great to have a wide diversity of choices and wants. Enjoy that badass M8!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
And I love that you pointed out that on a BIG track the "lowly" 444 hp 992 runs sub 7:30. I am still waiting for an official M8 time though. Imagine what the 992 does on a smaller one!

Its great to have a wide diversity of choices and wants. Enjoy that badass M8!!
Not trying to turn this into a pissing match. They are both great cars.

This is a comparison between a 992 C2S and a M8 comp. M8 wasn't available 992 C4S had less results.

https://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/gddt48hdu4hf
Attached Images

Appreciate 0