View Single Post
      04-30-2020, 10:20 PM   #33
ccondo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 - Ferrari Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Great write up and glad you are enjoying the M8.

I have a 992 C2S had a 19 M5 and have driven multiple M8 comp and non comp

992 vs M8 there is no comparison imo. Significantly different cars that feel nothing alike and after different markets.

992 vs M8 they're not competitors. Not dismissing your comparison bc it was a comparison for you. I just can't imagine the vast majority of people cross shop a 4300lb M8 GT car vs a sports car that also is comfortable

BTW my 992 C2S msrp 135k bought 120k significantly less than M8 and for what I want a much much better vehicle

M8 sounds like the perfect vehicle for you and don't get me wrong I love the M8 just wasn't what I was looking for. Enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracythorne View Post
Congrats on your new ride, and thanks for the write-up. you mentioned that you did a lease on your M4 that you found through auto-trader. i'm assuming it was a new car lease - is that correct? I've always wondered if you could do a lease on a slightly used BMW and if it would be worth it. just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracythorne View Post
at the risk of taking this thread off on a tangent - (but since so many of you seem to have experience with "competitions") - for those with experience driving competition M5, M6, and M8's - is there an appreciable difference in ride quality between the "competition" and the base M? in the past i flirted with the idea of an M6 competition but was dissuaded by my experience with an AMG Mercedes that had such a harsh ride - i had to give it up.

I happily settled in on an 850gc - and it has a fantastic ride - but just curious for the future.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Great write up and glad you are enjoying the M8.

I have a 992 C2S had a 19 M5 and have driven multiple M8 comp and non comp

992 vs M8 there is no comparison imo. Significantly different cars that feel nothing alike and after different markets.

992 vs M8 they're not competitors. Not dismissing your comparison bc it was a comparison for you. I just can't imagine the vast majority of people cross shop a 4300lb M8 GT car vs a sports car that also is comfortable

BTW my 992 C2S msrp 135k bought 120k significantly less than M8 and for what I want a much much better vehicle

M8 sounds like the perfect vehicle for you and don't get me wrong I love the M8 just wasn't what I was looking for. Enjoy
The 992 is a very special car. Just when you thought there wasn't much juice left to squeeze you get squirted in the eye. It illegally is amazing how much they improve each generation of 911.

The comparison came down to me between the two because while I like the Panamera and have owned a Cayanne GTS, if I was dropping that kind of money on a Porsche it would have to be a 911.

Hands down the 911 is the better sports car and track car.

Where I live the only premium car dealers are Porsche, Audi, Jaguar, Mercedes, and BMW. Otherwise I may have looked at other cars.

The M8 was a better fit for me when taking in all factors.
Appreciate 2
LSM1118.00