View Single Post
      04-30-2020, 10:09 PM   #32
ccondo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 - Ferrari Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracythorne View Post
at the risk of taking this thread off on a tangent - (but since so many of you seem to have experience with "competitions") - for those with experience driving competition M5, M6, and M8's - is there an appreciable difference in ride quality between the "competition" and the base M? in the past i flirted with the idea of an M6 competition but was dissuaded by my experience with an AMG Mercedes that had such a harsh ride - i had to give it up.

I happily settled in on an 850gc - and it has a fantastic ride - but just curious for the future.

Thanks!
Quote:
Congrats on your new ride, and thanks for the write-up. you mentioned that you did a lease on your M4 that you found through auto-trader. i'm assuming it was a new car lease - is that correct? I've always wondered if you could do a lease on a slightly used BMW and if it would be worth it. just curious.
Quote:
at the risk of taking this thread off on a tangent - (but since so many of you seem to have experience with "competitions") - for those with experience driving competition M5, M6, and M8's - is there an appreciable difference in ride quality between the "competition" and the base M? in the past i flirted with the idea of an M6 competition but was dissuaded by my experience with an AMG Mercedes that had such a harsh ride - i had to give it up.

I happily settled in on an 850gc - and it has a fantastic ride - but just curious for the future.

Thanks!
My e92 competition of I had it in sport plus and hit a harsh bump it would feel as if I broke something.

In the M4 sort plus was unusable.

I say save the money and buy a used set of coilovers if you want max performance.

If you want an M car with max comfort in a ride, go non-competition. If you want middle of the road go competition without upgrading. (In my opinion).
Appreciate 0