View Single Post
      04-30-2020, 10:03 PM   #30
ccondo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 - Ferrari Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Nice write-up, thanks for sharing. I too have a car obsession. To be brief, I have had four 911s (964, 993, 996, 997 and 991). OK, that's five. And a Boxster. The Boxster is a better driving car (compared to the 991.1, and if equipped with the proper 6 cylinder engine and manual transmission).

I had the pleasure of driving an M8 this past weekend. Awesome car. If I were to buy it today, comparing it to the 911 and Corvette (which I've also owned numerous examples of) there is no question that I'd go with the Bimmer. Of course, the C7 Corvette is half the price, so if money were an object I'd pick the plastic wonder, but since I've BTDT and got tired of it smelling like a model airplane, I'd pick the grown-up car.

I'm curious why you decided against the ceramic brakes, especially since you plan to track it. I'd expect the opposite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
I'm curious why you decided against the ceramic brakes, especially since you plan to track it. I'd expect the opposite.
Even though it is a lease, I sometimes buy them at the end of the lease. My main concern was the cost to replace them.
Appreciate 0