View Single Post
      04-29-2020, 01:31 PM   #25
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Great write up and glad you are enjoying the M8.

I have a 992 C2S had a 19 M5 and have driven multiple M8 comp and non comp

992 vs M8 there is no comparison imo. Significantly different cars that feel nothing alike and after different markets.

992 vs M8 they're not competitors. Not dismissing your comparison bc it was a comparison for you. I just can't imagine the vast majority of people cross shop a 4300lb M8 GT car vs a sports car that also is comfortable

BTW my 992 C2S msrp 135k bought 120k significantly less than M8 and for what I want a much much better vehicle

M8 sounds like the perfect vehicle for you and don't get me wrong I love the M8 just wasn't what I was looking for. Enjoy
Interesting as I actually am cross shopping them. For one Im a Porsche Fan Boy thru and thru with 8 different models or iterations (5 Turbo S's, 1 C4S, 1 GT3, 1 GTS) with chassis spanning from 996 to 991.2 and still have a 991.2 GTS. But Im also a huge Fan of M's (9 of them) and F90 with the S63tu engine. So the M8 is kind of like a weird change to me with shorter wheelbase, different looks, tech and driveability vs the F90 while having the same block. I have driven the M8 CE and enjoyed it. But I didnt have enough time to really get a true understanding of its driveability but enough to consider it currently.

But having had so many Porsche's I just can not deny the chassis dynamics, steering, and just brilliant driveability. Speed is not every thing and while the Turbo S's (all modded) were silly fast, I still find that the likes of my 450 OEM GTS hp is still so amazing. The way the 911 puts the power to the ground is incredible that I dont need all the hp. I have spent some time in the 992 (C4S) and was allowed to really open it up. What a fantastic car from steering to dampening and the new tech inside. I dont need 4 seats anymore so thus my choices are where they are.

It looks like you got a nice deal on your 992- Im at 8% off right now on a 150k build but the M8 CE deal is beyond crazy with the discounts off MSRP, Loyalty, and Flagship monies.

I love choices. Tell me did the M8 feel that much faster than the 992? Id love to hear your impressions.

And congrats to the OP for his choice!!! Strong write up.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
ccondo160.50