02-15-2019, 03:18 PM   #18
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Was just there for 10 days in Sept. Stay in Positano and not Amalfi. Nicer town and a lot less crowded. Take the ferries over to Amalfi and Capri. Capri is a must see. If you go, take a bus to Anacapri first. Then, get on the single chair lift up to the top. It's about 15 min ride up. The views from up there are spectacular. Highly recommend visiting Ravello. Beautiful mountain town with great restaurants and again, the views are amazing. Sorrento is another day trip. Go to the Hotel Execelsior and have drinks or lunch. Incredible views and great food. Also recommend going to Pompeii which is really cool. Only 85% of Pompeii has been restored and there's still more to go. You can't find bad pizza in the area since you're close to Naples (birthplace of pizza). The Amalfi coast is seriously one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Just be prepared to do a lot of walking! Don't think about renting a car as the roads are so narrow and filled with buses and scooters. They are also crazy drivers.
I changed the location from Excelsior Grand hotel in Amalfi to a nice airbnb place is Praiano. Positano seems to be a bit too touristy so figured that Praiano is a good option in between. Also renting a car. Did the numbers and the cost one way to go from Rome to Amalfi Coast for 4 people is the same as renting a car for 5 days, not to mention the hassle of switching trains/buses and we still have to make it back to Rome for our flight back. Only spending 4-5 days there so definitely will have to pick and choose what we see and do. Can’t possibly cover everything.
Appreciate 0