View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 02:56 PM   #213
toneil44
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8 Comp GC, 2017 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belugs View Post
I think we are saying the same thing with your 50% paid loan scenario. If I have paid for only 50% of the car I would be more inclined to trade it in and get some credits so I don't have to worry about finding a buyer because it is more difficult to find a buyer for a partially paid off car.

If the car is fully paid off I would be more inclined to find a buyer myself rather than trade in because the financials will probably be more favorable than trading it in (statistics suggest you get more $$$ when you sell to a private buyer over selling to dealership or trading in)

The reduced tax benefit is also true like u said. You can get reduced sales tax on both tax applied to selling price or tax applied to lease payments if you trade in. Obviously it all depends on the specific situation. I suggest you do the math first looking at all possible scenarios before making a decision by picking the most financially favorable scenario.
Thanks. I've never leased a car before. Thus my post. Wanting to learn about leasing.

I'm looking to be in the same position as you. Custom order a ML 21 M8 Comp GC.
Appreciate 2
Belugs318.00