View Single Post
      02-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #20
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
That's mainly the difference between V8 and Inline6 motor.

Inline6 tend to be more responsive on the lower end. While V8 is somewhat heavy on the low end.

RaceChip GTS Black will improve it, but RaceChip XLR will help most since it will adjust the throttle pedal mapping. It has 7 adjustment.

And if you get both the GTS Black and XLR with App, you can set up your own combination.
For example:
Sport mode in the App = Map 5 on GTS Black / Sport+ on XLR.
Or Eco mode in the App = Map 3 on GTS Black / Eco+ on XLR. (This setup can be used as a valet mode, because the throttle and engine will be really sluggish).
So my racechip and filters are installed and the throttle response in sport and sport plus are sharper. Then again the car also had its break in service and reprogram and I suspect that has an affect as well. Hard to really notice the power gains since (1) I have snow tires and its winter time (2) I did not have much time with the car before the mods. I suspect it will get faster as the unit learns because that is what I noticed in the X3Mc and by 10000 miles it really became a rocket ship. Also I probably will do an exhaust either M Performance or Akrapovic and maybe DPs but I am not sure I want to do catless. I like the Keller Motorsports ones, really sharp looking with first rate construction but I think they are catless. Will see what Ben comes up with in the future

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12991.50