View Single Post
      03-27-2020, 04:16 PM   #49
lowside67
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnkraut View Post
I've gone back and forth with shelving for storage. But when I envision my dream garage I don't see totes and totes lining my walls. Already told the wife if we have to use the garage for storage, it'll be one shelf along the perimeter and the only thing that'll go there are a specific type of tote. If it doesn't fit in the tote it doesn't go in the garage. This way at least it will be clean and uniform.
I hear what you are saying - my pictures were pretty quickly after I moved in and I have refined further what's up there to improve its uniformness.

If you do decide to buy totes, I cannot recommend the Home Depot HDX totes (black/yellow like I have) enough - specifically the 17 gal. They are rated to withstand 600lbs on top of the yellow lid - easily enough to stack 3 high if you have the space.

https://www.homedepot.com/s/hdx%2520...2520bin?NCNI-5

Also if I might suggest - for the nominal cost, buy more bins rather than larger ones. I have a few of the larger ones and have to be extremely careful to not overload them before they become a burden to lift up the ladder.

-Mark