View Single Post
      09-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #102
Jono2112
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

It seems like many automobile "luxury brands" are trying to beat each other in the race to the bottom. And BMW doesn't want to be left behind. When I got my first BMW it seemed like a luxury experience and I felt well treated and confident in my purchase. The sales people are like most sales people and thus somewhat untrustworthy. But it was great to have transferable 4/50,000 free maintenance on everything but the tires, 4/50,000 bumper to bumper warranty, and you could get a cpo with a total of 6/100,000 bumper to bumper warranty. Now, you pay for everything except oil and filter, and if your cpo blows up at five years, tough. Also, the dealers now nickel and dime everything. And things that should be standard are optional. A $40,000 car can collect $15,000 worth of options and is stripped without at least getting $6,000 to 8,000 worth of options for things like backup cameras, blue tooth, garage door opener, auto dimming mirrors, etc. even if you skip the leather and the nav system, you're going to pay. Soon BMW will catch up wit Porsche. :-) I helped a friend buy a Toyota last weekend, and I was treated better, and he got a great warranty. Of course MB and Audi are even worse, but BMW will catch them. But I do love driving an M car. Maybe Porsche next time.
Appreciate 0