Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
Both cameras use their brand of lens. Third party mfg's sell lenses for both Nikon and Canon, but I wouldn't use them - you buy a Nikon or Canon to use their lenses, and both mfg's offer a wide array of choices. Neither is limited at all. A camera is a light tight box with a hole in it. See which one feels best, and go with it.

Don't fret about the equipment - it doesn't make a piss worth of difference at this point. Buy one, and start shooting. Pay attention, use trial and error, and just see what works for you.

Lastly, for the love of all things holy, set the camera to manual. If you're going to go program mode all the time, get a good compact camera.

BTW, can you guess what I shoot? it doesn't matter. Just buy one of your choices, they're both very good, and start practicing.
I appreciate the info, but that doesn't help me pick which one. lol. It'll then boil down to things like .... "hmmm the canon comes in silver as well... and andre agassi used to be sponsored by canon...and the canon xti runs about 100 bucks more than the d40x so that must mean it's a better camera, etc...

And I don't want to resort to thinking that way. lol
Appreciate 0