Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Nikon D40x vs. Canon Rebel Xti

Hey guys. I plan on getting a new dslr camera in the next month or so and after going to the stores and doing some research I've narrowed it down to the Nikon D40x or the Canon Rebel Xti. I am a beginner and was told and read that both of these cameras were good entry level cameras which could also be used for more advanced photographers.

As a beginnerAs a beginner I like to have the option of not being “maxed” out in the functions and capabilities of the camera as I (hopefully) learn more and become better at photography. I’ve done some research online and through these forums and I know that both cameras are similar and it’s just a matter of preference, etc… But I heard how with the Nikon cameras you are limited to certain types of lenses that you can switch to?

I’m not sure if that makes any difference, but I’m trying to find out from both brand users why they should pick the Nikon over the Canon and vice versa. One way to differentiate is whether one is more user friendly than the other, etc.. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0