View Single Post
      12-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #85
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

I thought the electronic measurement is fantastic. Why would we want to go back to dipstick measurements? I have the E90 N52, and for 9 years I've owned this car, the electronic measurement on the infotainment display is awesome. I can see my oil level while driving, and when it gets to the low mark, all I got to do is add exactly 1-quart as instructed and it's squared away. With a dipstick, I'd have to come to a complete stop and get out of the car to take the measurement.

Don't know about your weather out there, but here in Houston, Texas. Summer time can be hot and humid out there. I'd rather be checking my oil while inside the car with A/C blowing cold at me than having to get out of the car, open the hood to check oil with that hot moist weather. Same goes for winters that gets too cold.
Appreciate 0