Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo73 View Post
I did that time with no launch control.
In Italy we run 100oct,which gas you run?
Just to compare your 100-200kmh in sec?(60-130mph)
I'll post my numbers below but they don't matter since I'm no anomaly--stock M5s have run in the high 10s in various conditions. Don't take my word for it, though... do your own research.

Errr, wrt/ "didn't use launch control"... why would you do that and then post a less-than-best result? If you're going to post a 1/4 mile time, post your best.

To your questions:

WA state offers 92 octane pump (the mean average of MON+RON is used here). That maps to 96 and-a-bit European octane which I assume is relevant to you so your gas is superior (as is usual with Euro vs US gas ).

The numbers below do NOT include 1ft of rollout because... that's deceitful in my opinion.

My average 1/4 mile was 10.35 at 130 / best was 10.33 at 132.4mph. While I achieved that 10.33 time frequently, it wasn't frequent enough to be considered my 'average'... and I tried many times with that car and ultimately exhausted its launch control count (yes, that's a thing regardless of what anyone tells you, I've hit it frequently).

My average 0-60mph was 2.60s / best was 2.57s.

My average 60ft was 1.57s--this was massively affected (understandably so) by each car's individual transmission.

My average 60-130 was high 6s to low 7s / best was 6.75s.

Take a look at timeslips online... and the Dragy leaderboard for that matter. You should be a lot faster than high 10s.
Yours average 60-130 was high 6s to low 7s / best was 6.75s.
Mine best was 5.5s and average was 5.7s
The reason why I am faster more than 1 sec is because bigger turbos push more than stock with jb4 whatever map you set.
I am maybe slower 0-62mph with bigger turbo because they need load more air and push delayed compare stock i.e. slightly turbo lag and then jb4 tipically gives more torque lower rpm but med/high is not so consistent.
Mine map is opposite.
This is why after 60mph I start to desappier from your sight .
I am not fan of launch control but I would try it just for you.
Impressive.

// EDIT: are you comparing your 100-200kph to my 60-130mph? If so, then we're back to square 1: my best 100-200 kph is 5.82s.
You are hitting 1/4 mile like burgertuning jb4 state map5 and race gas 109..
Very very impressive with regular gas you used same time.
JB4 add 80hp and do not compare with ecu map 821hp.
Enjoy your piggy,I am happy for you.
Beware don't eat my dust lyme!!
Naaa, I'm not quite there. Terry runs in 10.1s and 10.2s. When in WA, I used a custom map with 92 octane pump gas and relatively cold ambient temps. I've lost a few tenths since moving to FL and have had to lower boost targets as well so I'm probably in the 10.7s now on my M8.

Anyhoo, can you confirm whether your 5.75s time was 100-200 or 60-130? The difference between these two is often overlooked and shouldn't be.
Appreciate 0