bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Thanks for the info!

Did you have any aftermarket coding? If so, I assume it remains the case that it's all reset to factory?

I have version 03/2020 and the car rendering is correct. Given my car is matte silver, though, it's tough to say for sure.

I had the car check for an upgrade yesterday—>nada.
I still don't have any custom coding yet as I've been sitting on the fence as whether to try and do it myself via eSys or have it professionally done. Upside if I do it myself if any future iDrive upgrades wipe it out I can just easily reapply the custom coding. Just afraid of bricking my car which is a entirely different ball of wax with bricking a $1K or less router, switch, etc. that I have no issues with modding firmware on as if it bricks the device is easily replaceable.

I'm betting that the existing 3D Rendering with your 03/2020 release is just the stock silver everyone gets by default until now at least 07/2020.60 which changes the game. I would have thought that was just a feature added in 07/2020 itself but it sounds like it is point release specific as others still get the silver rendering.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00