06-20-2020, 09:22 PM   #3
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
Probably but not cheap, every speaker assembly plus grille and led (not sure if extra wiring) plus new DSP amp and coding). That's a lot of drivers. I looked up just the center and the b&wdrivers are like $300 vs the single coax HK driver is $100. Best bet is something like this

https://www.avito.ru/moskva/zapchast...g12_1639515572

Noushy
Yep, the coding cost will be key as the B&W ties into iDrive to run the DSP sound profile options, etc. Plus, the B&W calls out 3 separate crossovers that I'm guessing are not including in the stock H&K. Hence, additional work plus the tie-in to the EQ settings within iDrive to understand the logic. Bottom line to Noush's point its a heavy lift beyond just changing out the drivers, tweeters, amp and DSP.

All the reason once I heard the B&W with reference 24bit/192kHz FLAC files vs the H&K it was a no brainer whatsoever for the option. Understandably if you picked up a smoking deal on a 2019 with stock and looking to upgrade the H&K to B&W it may be a challenge but ultimately it can be done along with the coding requirements to tie everything needed into the iDrive control settings.
Appreciate 0