View Single Post
      01-08-2020, 07:55 AM   #33
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

This is a great thread, I will say for everyone out there find a race distance you like and sign up. Signing up for a race is a prime way to stick with running goals as you are shooting to accomplish something. I remember all the races I did last year as there was so many from 5k to half marathon. It wasnt until I signed up for a full marathon that I thought....ok its time to really train now. 13 miles is one thing but 26 miles is another ball game as a lot of science in the body changes after 90 minutes of running and if you dont know that you can fail miserably. So I thought, No more 40 miles a week and ramped it up to 70 miles a week with speed training, Hill training, tempo runs etc. Little did I know where I stood in the pack of performance when I qualified for Boston on my first try in a marathon....i was pumped....and that was only the beginning. I cant stress enough to anyone getting into running or training for a race to train smart...dont run EVERYDAY and play it smart. If anyone ever needs tips or advice and is on Garmin shoot me a PM and I can add you in. I provide training support and guidance based on seeing your workouts. And dont forget FOOD is the key to great performance. Cheers Everyone and Happy Running, Be Safe out there!
Appreciate 2
dc503131.00
cotmfk2023.50