08-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #143
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Last time I was there was way back in the day 1992 when people wore pajamas and lived life slow. From what I remembered every restaurant sold baseball cards lol.

Sorry not much of help. As for the ceremony, I’m pretty sure you’ll have to buy tickets which are probably already long sold out. If you do go, snag a Derek Jeter basket.

As for the Yankees, this team never, ever wins out west. Except summer 1994 before the strike the Yankees went 10-1 out west and that one sole loss happened with the bases loaded and the Yankees were down by a run. Dennis Eckersley pitched a ball to Matt Nokes and the ump called it strike three. Ballgame over.
Thanks for responding. There’s nine of us going. I booked rooms for us last night. Searched motels close to HOF but they were already sold out or the ones that had rooms were asking insane prices. Wife searched for a while to find something reasonably close, available and fairly priced. Found Hampton inn about 30 minutes away and prices good.
Just got phone with guy at the Hall. Admission for lawn seating is free, just bring your own blankets or chairs. We’re getting 2 memberships for $125 each with covers card owner and 3 adults. We have one 8 year old with us so 2 cards cover all of us. Gets us into most things that weekend which isn’t in the top tier expensive packages. We also have a 20 year old who not going to drink so he’s our DD for the weekend should we choose to indulge and indulge we will.
Hope this helps anyone thinking of going to see #2 inducted. I missed Mo and Moose getting the honor, I’m not missing Jete!
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0