08-22-2019, 10:50 AM   #142
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Questions, me and some buddies are heading up to Cooperstown next July for Jeters induction to the Hall of Fame. A bit embarrassed to admit it but I’m a native NY’er who’s never been there. What’s the best way to do it? Some guys are meeting us there and Im riding in a camper with a couple others. We’re not staying in the camper but getting rooms. If the rooms aren’t to close we’ll be taxi or ubering there and back, drinking and all.
Do we need to buy tickets to get in or see the induction ceremony? Or first come first served? Any other advice from fellow Yankee fans welcomed. Thanks
Last time I was there was way back in the day 1992 when people wore pajamas and lived life slow. From what I remembered every restaurant sold baseball cards lol.

Sorry not much of help. As for the ceremony, I’m pretty sure you’ll have to buy tickets which are probably already long sold out. If you do go, snag a Derek Jeter basket.

As for the Yankees, this team never, ever wins out west. Except summer 1994 before the strike the Yankees went 10-1 out west and that one sole loss happened with the bases loaded and the Yankees were down by a run. Dennis Eckersley pitched a ball to Matt Nokes and the ump called it strike three. Ballgame over.
Appreciate 0