Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdj View Post
Very well said. Also have been watching F1 for over 25years and will never forgot watching Schumacher live in Montreal. Lewis is very much a natural. He just makes it look like F1 racing is a walk in the park. It really is unbelievable. Sometimes I actually wanted him to loose in order to see a more competitive race.. but the numbers really don’t lie. His worst day are some others drivers best days on the track.
Thanks! I met Michael as well as Nico years ago at the German GP just before Lewis joined Mercedes. And for our friend RichM50d how about some words of wisdom from someone who actually worked with both Senna and Lewis:

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/19...-senna-compare

Excerpt:

"Lewis Hamilton is an equal to Ayrton Senna on raw pace but lacks the utter ruthlessness which set the Brazilian apart from the rest, according to Paddy Lowe.

Williams chief technical officer Lowe is one of the few people to have worked with both Hamilton and Senna in Formula One, a pair of drivers who are often compared due to their similar styles of racing. Hamilton drew level with Senna's career tally of 65 pole positions in Canada with a scintillating lap, the quickest-ever at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Lowe says Hamilton's Montreal qualifying effort demonstrated the sort of level the three-time world champion can rise to when the situation requires.

"Stating the obvious, they both sit within the handful of greats we have in the sport," said Lowe, who worked with Senna after joining McLaren in 1993.

He was then asked if he felt Hamilton had the same raw pace as Senna, replying: "Yeah, undoubtedly. Those great drivers are able to pull out an extraordinary lap and I think you kind of saw that with Lewis [in qualifying]... probably on Mercedes estimations and simulations, that time wasn't in the car."

This article was just after the Canadian Lap in 2017 which was absolutely stellar.

Now cast your mind forward to Singapore and the "Stardust" lap. Someone that was there placed in another forum that when the time went up there was complete silence. After a beat or two there was applause from the Mercedes fans then everyone stood up and applauded...even the fans of the Scuderia. The time was over 0.5 seconds of the best theoretical lap the car could do in Singapore based on the computer models.

We are watching greatness. It's time for the BS excuses to stop.

If he races 3 more seasons after this one, I have no doubt that he will eclipse Michael Schumacher on Championships. It will only take 2 more seasons at this pace to eclipse him on race wins. Everyone though Poles, Race Wins, and Championships were off the table forever. The Pole record has already fallen. Race wins are next and within his currently contracted period. The Championships are the only question.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
Taskmaster2463.00
Poiseuille5362.00