View Single Post
      03-15-2024, 11:17 AM   #16
M3/4/8
Internet Nube - Experienced M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: M8/M4 Comp Coupes

I have the M driver’s package on my M8CC (2024 MY) and got the Michelin PS4’s. I concur, however, with others that the outcome comes down to luck of the draw at the date of production. Additionally, they both have the same speed rating, so I don’t think there is a 196 v 155 mph decision point for BMW M as the manufacturer.

Over the course of several M vehicles I’ve had both Pirelli’s and Michelin’s, with all of that time living and driving in south Florida. Here we have frequent atmospheric rivers during monsoon/hurricane season (May-October) as opposed to Cali which gets them every so often during their winter months, sometimes years apart. Ours also come with much higher rainfall totals. I think in 25 years we have had 2-3 so-called “100 year rains.” 20-plus inches over 2 days type of rain.

I would defer to Vic on most points as his roster of vehicles and driving experiences clearly top mine, but I feel strongly that the Michelin’s consistently perform better in the wet, and that it’s not even close. If you are located in an area where you frequently have heavy rain, I would advise switching Pirelli for Michelin when you get to make the choice. In the dry or on the track I will defer to others on feel/performance although with road driving I do feel the PS4’s observed tread life is slightly better. My $0.02 is that they channel water better and are much less likely to hydroplane, which is where the vehicle and your life are in God’s hands.
Appreciate 0