07-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #18
JSCO
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beethoven3 View Post
JSCO, congratulations on your new car and hope you are enjoying the Beast. After seeing your post and the same color M850i in person, I am getting ready to order the same Tanzanite Blue with white interior. A few questions: 1) Any problems keeping the white leather and carpet clean?, 2) You mention the Diamond sound system is amazing. I have the Harmon Karden 7 in my current 650 and always thought it was an adequate system. Is the Bowers & Wilkens system definitely worth the upgrade?, 3) Do you have the driver assist option? 4) Does your car have the alcantara headliner? 5) I plan to order the carbon roof and black wheels. Any other options that you would recommend? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beethoven3 View Post
JSCO, congratulations on your new car and hope you are enjoying the Beast. After seeing your post and the same color M850i in person, I am getting ready to order the same Tanzanite Blue with white interior. A few questions: 1) Any problems keeping the white leather and carpet clean?, 2) You mention the Diamond sound system is amazing. I have the Harmon Karden 7 in my current 650 and always thought it was an adequate system. Is the Bowers & Wilkens system definitely worth the upgrade?, 3) Do you have the driver assist option? 4) Does your car have the alcantara headliner? 5) I plan to order the carbon roof and black wheels. Any other options that you would recommend? Thanks.
Congrats! I hate to tell people how to spend their hard earned cash but pretty much yes to everything...hahaha...The B+W is the best I've heard and the aesthetics elevate the interior at night...the sound is so crisp it's like someone is whispering in your ear...the lows are just right as well...

The interior is more like a cream...and yes it is a pain to keep clean...recommend coating your seats...

Driver assist can be annoying...it warns you way too quickly...if you ignore it, the system will flash red at you and deactivate for a few mins...your in a timeout....also, when correcting your driving(lane keep) the correction is too harsh IMO...surrounding car detection is great...makes driving on the highway a breeze if you just want to relax..

Yes to Alcantara headliner...again gives it a premium feel...although I will say I'm disappointed you can now get the same interior to include the gauges in the latest X6

I have all the carbon fiber bits (rear spoiler, lower diffuser, side mirrors, front lower intakes, etc). I recommend you do the same...the blue with the Carbon is just amazing...couple pics for you..

Let me know how it works out for you and welcome to Bimmerpost.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0