12-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #40
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
It's not nonsense or misleading. On a $120k MSRP car, it is selling for 97k or so (granted, not all dealerships are aggressively trying to sell the 850). That same car is 77k wholesale the next year (2019 version today). Where is the confusion with this? Pretty simple. The hype was last year. Not so "new" this year so a higher discount this year. They couldn't even sell it for full price (or even invoice) last year!!

The next few years will only be worse. Wait until year 5 when these will be discontinued (yes, they already announced that these are going to be discontinued). These will be 30k off sticker. Residuals will be 40% after 3 years. Don't believe me, just look at the 6 series, which was actually a wonderful car with a timeless design (unlike the 8).
Agreed and went full in with my custom 2020 M850i order knowing that common sense would say walk away and eat the non-refundable $2500 deposit (checked and fully enforceable here in AZ vs other states) to buy a deep discounted 2019. Problem was nothing met my specs and I was not willing to compromise on a car I've waited several years to buy and discounted all of the competition (Lexus LC500, Tesla Model S, Porsche Panamera, etc.).

Upside is with MSDs I ended up leasing as dropped the APR to 2.23% vs 3.35% BMWFS was offering. My intent is to buy out the car as I'm already in love with it but at the lease end I will indeed consider a M8 CPO as long as I can find one that meets my specs (including B&W audio). For the buyout if the 55% residual does not hold true with the market (expect it to fail) I already have a close friend on board to buy my M850i no matter where it lands (I'll pay for airfare and other costs as I expect them to be inconsequential to the difference of market vs the residual).
Appreciate 0