08-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #17
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP F86 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Oh no here we go again with the " i don't have enough data to answer".
Just answer the question based on the information you were given. Don't be scared of being wrong.
I'm not scared to be wrong, it has more to do with needing data for a real answer, there are so many data guys on this forum that would give very comprehensive answers. Like I said, if this is just for a "for fun scenario" I don't have an answer.

Retirement is only maxed around the 5k marker if you make under $105k (roughly) with a Roth IRA.

Scenario 5:
-Income: $115,000 yearly, monthly = $7260 after tax
-Savings: $10000 , Retirement: $20000
-Monthly Bills: $2700
-$400,000 house in Seattle, WA and not looking to move/upgrade)
-Single
-Loves sports coupes in the sports/luxury class.
-A short daily commute
-Likes car mods>stock cars

Given this scenario I would say they would be greatly suited for a 2012 S5 Coupe. Why, with 20% down you're looking at around a $500/mo payment allowing flexibility to modify the car with performance/aesthetics parts, and allow a budget for maintenance/repairs. This car is AWD but still has more of a RWD feel, which is great for performance in the rainy Seattle, WA. The car will hold value at a reasonable rate. This car budget also allows freedom for other projects/travel.

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 1