07-18-2011, 01:25 AM   #44
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM E92 View Post
Douche, not snob, get it straight at least. The sad part is that this is true for the most part. The vast majority of BMW drivers appreciate the finer points of BMW lineage and engineering like a caveman enjoys a Rembrandt. Actually BMW is one of the most respected brands especially among driving enthusiast and for good reason. If you consider yourself an enthusiast I shouldn't have to explain why the 328 is so special. Touche regarding BMW's new love affair with the turbo I4. All the more reason to go with the current 328.
The 328 is a fine machine but it's snoozeville for me. I'd get a civic si,mazdaspeed3,gti,mini cooper s,135I,wrx,sti,accord,tsx,altima v6,maxima,g37,accord v6,taurus SHO,Passat CC,Genesis coupe,Mustang,Camaro and many other vehicles over that car. Douche,snob,cocky who cares. I'm not a Bmw fan it's either top of the line or I look elsewhere.

Glad that you like your car,it's a good car. Honestly if my car does put a grin on my face when I take fast curves,accelerate quickly nor sound good I'll save some cash and get a regular car like TK-421 said . FWD is not a problem a that point.

It's the 335 in 2007 that got me back into a Bmw showroom. I did not bother in 2006 walking into a showroom to take a look at the new E90 325-330. By looking at the posters Drives: from this thread most are into performance(M6,335(I)(D),135,supercharged E46 M3, M3,Z4).I'm sure all these guys are more concerned with the fun to drive factor rather than a plush drive,well put interior,look etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 07-18-2011 at 01:53 AM..
Appreciate 0