535i MSport
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63S T

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrat15 View Post
Well, optics are sunning for me. What I am not a fan of:

by constantly pushing the M Performance Models and putting the M badge in the model name of those cars (i.e. M240i, M850i etc.), they are totally diluting the M letter. To take the 8 series as an example, by putting a carbon roof on the M850i and give the car a lot of power, I understand that many people would choose the M850i as the price gap is huge. I think things would be different (beside the price tag) if the M850i would just be a 850i without carbon roof and hundreds of M badges (same goes for other series). If you take the last 6 series, there was a 650i top model and then came the M6.

Furthermore, why is BMW bringing the Competition Model at the same time and advertising only the comp model? I never saw a picture of the regular M8. I would first bring the M8 and a certain time later the Competition model, as they did in the past an which makes sense. Or just go for one model. In the earlier days, getting an M meant getting the best of the brand. Now theres the base model, competition package, CS (and GTS/CSL). Then there are the M Performance parts (i.e. brakes, dampers etc.) Why? I thought getting an M is getting a Motorsport car. Currently I get the feeling that you are getting a lumpy car and only by adding packages and PParts you have the car it should be.

Sad that BMW is going that way, as I am a huge fan as most of you are as well. Anybody who shares my thoughts?

I not not know... I think BMW stands in the way of themselves.
Here in the UK, they didn't bother with the base M5, or the base M8. It's the comp or nothing, which makes sense and is based on previous sales from the F10 M5 etc, when they did offer both iterations. Ie the vast majority of punters bought the comp and not the base model.

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 0