View Single Post
      12-31-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
2007/335i/coupe
Falling in Love with German Boost
Rep
Drives: 335i, E350, Accord EX, GSXR750

Garage List
Although I don't own one personally, I had the pleasure of driving this little car for about 2 months while a friend went on vacation. As specialque mentioned, it's not really "chintsy" but do remember this is not a luxury vehicle in any sense so expect things to be a bit spartan. You are relatively comfortable in it and sit low to the ground, and everyone has their own preference, I just wouldn't like to drive this car everyday. A great 2nd and 3rd car imo. Engine is fantastic if you like to beat on it and shift gears all the time, but as expected, don't think you can pass people easily unless you wind the motor out. The transmission is a thing of beauty and almost everyone I know loves the short shifts, precise and bionic.

Handling is spot on but becareful with the limits of the car. With the top down, the wind deflector does a decent job but there is still a lot of wind swirling around. The soft top is easy to use and works well in the rain with just a little wind noise when its up.

Depending on where you live, find a garage to park it (S2000s gets stolen or damaged where I live) and expect teenage kids to come up to it gawking at it and possibly little ricers wanting to race you. I found it annoying at times when I was just accelerating mildly and people would think I'm trying to race them because the car can get loud. But the engine does sound sublime when it's revving
Appreciate 0