View Single Post
      12-31-2006, 05:36 PM   #2
specialque
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3cs, 2018 McLaren 720S

I own a 04 Silverstone. And I will miss it dearly.

The interior is by no means chintsy. It's very simple and plain. Honda followed 1 simple rule when making this car: If it doesn't make it go, stop or turn better, it doesn't belong in the car. Now that may be a little extreme, but there is much truth to it. I've driven all the roadsters with exception of the new M roadster, and nothing comes close to the S2000. Out of the box it's ready to rock and roll. the F22C is a great little engine. You can beat the piss out of it all day long at the track, and start it up with zero issues the next day to go to work. The sound it makes is unreal. However, driving it is a humbling experience. I've seen make people bang them up because they "think" they know how to drive. There are no electronics to save you in this car. The 04+ don't have nearly as much snap-oversteer, but I suggest you go into a large parking lot or autoX and really see where your limits in the car are.

I've driven mine daily for almost 3 years with exception of winter. It is small but not uncomfortable. However, honestly, it makes a great 3rd car. Can you make due as this being your only car, absolutely. There are a couple of TSBs on the 04 that are tranny related, but Honda makes good on them without question. Pretty much this little car is bulletproof as long as you change the fluids (esp the diff fluid). And it loves to be driven hard.

I think the best thing about the car is the people. The S2ki'ers are the nicest bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure to drive with. They are always helpful and really have a great sense of community. We always wave to each other on the roads. We hold TechDays at each of our homes for clinics and work on each others cars. The meets are the best. You don't drive to a parking lot and hang out, you drive drive for hours with 10-20 S2000s on open roads, and stop for food, gas and laughs.

Right now i'm looking for a good home for my AP2 Stoner, and I will own a S2000 again.

Luke
2014 BMW X3 M-Sport Carbon Black/Mojave Brown - Beater
Appreciate 0